Friday, March 24, 2006

ATTACKING COMPETITION EXCITES ROONEY

Rooney's partnership with Ruud van Nistelrooy had been a permanent fixture until the recent emergence of Louis Saha as a regular starter, and the England striker feels such competition can only benefit the team.
"It's good when there are players fighting for places," Wayne told MUTV. "You know every player's got to be on their toes and put in good performances every week."
This season's wealth of options is a far cry from last term's shortage of strikers while both van Nistelrooy and Saha were sidelined with injury.
"Last season we went through a lot of the season when we just had Alan Smith on his own," recalled Rooney. "It was a bit difficult for us. I think it's good that there's competition for places."
The 20-year-old prodigy went on to reveal that he has no preference who he partners in attack, and is just happy to play his normal game.
"I think I play my game and that's it," he said. "I try and play the best I can and it really doesn't matter what other forwards are around."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home