Sunday, July 16, 2006

Forgiveness or revenge?

England’s one striker Rooney finds himself challenged heavily by two Portuguese players. Instead of going to the floor to win a free kick, Rooney tries to stay on his feet, but in the melée, appears to stamp on the groin of Ricardo Carvalho. Cristiano Ronaldo then appears to implore the referee to take action against his United team-mate. Rooney is then sent off and the rest, as they say, is history.
Back home from Germany, Rooney broke his silence to plead his innocence: "I want to say absolutely categorically that I did not intentionally put my foot down on Ricardo Carvalho."
He added that he was "disappointed" with Ronaldo - who put pressure on the referee to send him off – but promised not to hold a grudge.
"When the referee produced the red card I was amazed - gobsmacked. I bear noill feeling to Cristiano (Ronaldo) but I am disappointed he chose to getinvolved. I suppose I do though have to remember on that particular occasion wewere not team-mates."
But teammates they are in Manchester and although Ronaldo has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, the question now is:What will happen if or when Rooney and Ronaldo return to United for pre-season training? Will they kiss and make up? Or will Rooney’s revenge be a dish served cold in training?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home